How to Use a beauty blender & Why You Need One
Every so often, a product comes out that totally changes the way I apply makeup. The most recent one to rock my world is the The beauty blender, an odd little egg-shape sponge designed to help you better apply foundation. Watch the video below to see how easy it is to use and fall in love with.
The innovative, latex-free beauty blender sponge was developed by Hollywood makeup artist Rea Ann who wanted women to be able to get a professional makeup finish at home. It gives a beautiful, flawless finish and has so many uses! In this tutorial you will see how to use a beauty blender to apply concealer, foundation, and powder.
Why is this little egg-shaped sponge so awesome? Because you wet the sponge prior to use and it will give your skin added hydration. For sensitive, easily irritated skin or skin with active inflammation due to blemishes or Rosacea, the beauty blender is wonderful because it’s so gentle and non-abrasive. It will not highlight peach fuzz or uneven texture the way a buffing brush sometimes does.
Using the beauty blender is easy:
- Wet your beauty blender and squeeze out the excess moisture. You want the sponge to be barely damp when you’re using it.
- Apply your foundation to the back of your hand or a flat surface and dip the rounded end of the beauty blender into it.
- Begin to apply your foundation by stippling or bouncing the beauty blender all over your face. No need to press into the skin too hard; the beauty blender sponge will do most of the work for you!
- Use your ring finger to pat concealer over dark circles. Use the pointed end of the beauty blender to lightly blend your concealer into your foundation.
- Dip the rounded end of the beauty blender into a translucent setting powder and pat into the skin to set foundation and concealer.
- Clean the beauty blender after each use with either the liquid or solid cleanser. Both double as brush cleaner as well.
- In this video you can see how to apply your foundation, blend concealer, and set with powder all with a beauty blender sponge.
Click here to order your blender